Crafty Blogs

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

One Sheet Bags

Cute bags to hold gifts.
I have made these for ages, but just seen some add the extra Cardstock at the top to reinforce the handles.
They are simple to make except for one fold.

Use an size card and decide how tall you want you inside box to be.

For a 2" box inside,
You score your card 2" from each side.
Then comes the maths...lol

What ever your cardstock length take 2" off
and divide the rest in half so you know where to score.

i.e 12 by 12 cardstock..

12 - 2 = 10 half of 10 is 5

So scoring will be at 5" and 7" for bag
Score at 2" and 10" for inside box.

I folded the 2" sides in and then you have to fold the side up to meet the edge.



I have taken a close up so you can see what happens.
But there is a cheat.



Measure the section Marked A.
Then mark the same distance on the edge of your cardstock from your centre fold.

You then score between where I have marked red dots. But if you have a 45" Protractor in your childs pencil case you can borrrow it.

Add glue only in the blue area.
It stops on the score line you made.

You can just fold the bag together and seal or you can add an extra 2" to the top to make it stronger.
I just measure how wide my bag top was and cut a piece of cardstock that was that length and 4" in width, folded it in half so it was now 2" wide and used that to stick it to the top of my bag.
I added pipecleaner handles.
Some Ribbon to decorate and also to hold the centre closed.

If you wanted to use an A4 cardstock.
You would score 2" from each side and
I cut mine down to 11" because it made my sums easier to do.
11-2 =9 half this is 4 1/2"
So the scoring was 4 1/2" and 6 1/2".

12  by 12.
For a 3" box inside .
Score at 3" and 9"
12-3 =9 half this 4 1/2"
So the scoring was 4 1/2" and 7 1/2" .

Hope this makes sense.





1 comment:

JaneH said...

Such a lot of great projects on your blog!

Post a Comment